Unexpected Maintenance Tips for Your Shaw Hardwood Flooring
Hardwood floors are always the way to go when you want to make your home look better while still reserving more value and durability. Shaw hardwood flooring is the best in the market as they have been engineered to be the most resistant to impacts and given the most attractive finishes. However, you still need to take care of the floors in the best manner possible.
Common Imperfections on Shaw Hardwood Flooring
A variety of aspects also lead to the deterioration of such floors. Here are a few reasons why you may notice some imperfections on your Shaw hardwood flooring:
- Nicks and gouges: There are several reasons for nicks or gouges, from moving furniture around the floor, pebbles stuck in your footwear.
- Mysterious clouding: This can be from using cleaning products that are not mean for hardwood.
- Moisture stains: This includes the instances when you are traipsing the floors in rain or even snow. The water can damage the finish and further ruin the Shaw hardwood flooring.
- Contraction and Expansion: Our harsh Edmonton winters really suck the moisture out of the air, be sure to have a humidifier in your home to keep your hardwood floors in good condition.
How to Enhance Maintenance
There are many things that are simple and easy to do to maintain your hardwood. The following are some unexpected maintenance tips for your Shaw hardwood flooring:
- Walnuts: Rubbing a shelled walnut on to scratches can hide the flaws!
- Ammonia: Ammonia based cleaners, typically not meant for hardwood, can help with the appearance of cloudy spots.
- Black tea: Steep black tea to make a floor cleaner. Wipe in the direction of the grain, and don’t let it get too wet!
- Hydrogen, baking soda & dish soap: For pet urine - wipe it immediately if you can. Then make a hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and dish soap mixture to let sit on the stain. Check it every 10 minutes to avoid moisture stains.
- An iron and a wet cloth: To get rid of some dents, place a damp cloth on the dent and iron the area. Repeat for five minutes until it brings up the dent.
Visit our showroom today, we have a variety of durable and easy-to-maintain Shaw hardwood flooring to suit your needs.